Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men’s health, as potency depends directly on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, certain rules must be followed. Above all, it is worth changing your lifestyle: improving your diet, monitoring your condition, practicing therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of rehabilitation, preventive measures include the use of medications and drugs derived from traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures to eliminate or prevent prostatitis are traditionally divided into primary and secondary groups:
- the primary is performed to prevent the development of the disease;
- secondary prevention is required in patients with prostatitis to avoid recurrence or chronic development of the disease.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic interventions that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent the disease, men need to follow some important rules:
- Healthy food. Diet review in the period of prevention of many diseases is one of the main points. Avoid greasy and spicy foods. In acute use, the mucous membranes of the prostate become irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of the blood vessels, which greatly impairs the blood supply to the prostate, creating favorable conditions for the growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Refuse bad habits. Smoking and alcohol consumption are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affects the metabolic processes in the body, and ethyl alcohol strains the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It should be noted that alcohol is the leading cause of prostatitis in 40% of cases. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male urinary system, often violating its potential.
- See a doctor in time. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of developing prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process of the prostate. Do not self-medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Prostatitis is often the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important that the body is in good shape. We recommend that you devote at least 20-30 minutes to sports every day, especially if a man’s professional activity is related to a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate gland.
- Take medication. If problems with potency are detected, the man should start taking the medication prescribed by the doctor. Medication is one of the most important ways to treat prostatitis. At the same time, let’s not forget about traditional medicine, which has a number of effective remedies.
The distinguishing feature of physical exercise in the prevention of prostatitis is the formation of a group of muscles around the anus. To determine the muscle to be strengthened, you can delay the flow of urine while urinating, count to three, and relax. It is then recommended to do the same without urinating.
Such physical exercises should be performed in 5 series of 10 contractions per day for the first week. From the second week onwards, it is recommended to increase the training intensity to 100-150 repetitions per day.
You can also do other exercises while standing to prevent inflammation of the prostate:
- Lean on the floor with one foot and swing back and forth 80 times with the other. Then replace your leg.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Extend your legs shoulder-width apart and perform a 15-fold tilt in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in a supine position:
- Alternately, pull the legs to the stomach and then spread them apart to the maximum width.
- We recommend that you take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs on your back to a position perpendicular to the floor, then continue with the "bike" exercise.
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, leaning on your hand.
These exercises improve the condition of the body and prevent inflammation of the prostate. It is also useful to take a contrast shower - alternate between cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. Recommended before going to bed.
Healing stimulation of the prostate gland
Prostate stimulation is recommended as a preventative measure. At home, a special massage that restores the normal functioning of the male genitals can significantly alleviate the condition.
This massage helps:
- improving blood flow, thereby nourishing the gland with oxygen and other beneficial substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erections;
- increases the tone of the lumbar muscles, as a result of which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, he should receive 2-4 treatments a week. When performing a preventive wellness procedure, the number of occasions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for the massage, the frequency of weekly procedures can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify a number of basic ways to perform a prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on compressing and twisting the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. This is done with special vacuum pumps.
- Enema decoction of chamomile officinalis. The water jet massage should be performed for a short time, kept to yourself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. requires a special device that affects the urethra.
During the massage, care must be taken not to worsen the condition by damaging the mucous membranes of the anus. Therapeutic and prophylactic measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients who:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of various etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a comprehensive examination to determine the feasibility of the wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you need to follow a proper diet. It is recommended to eat steamed or cooked food.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, the daily caloric content of foods should be reduced. At the same time, daily fluid intake should be increased. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase the amount of urine that removes the pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis.
Men are advised to consume about 3, 000 kcal per day. This amount of energy must consist of:
- 100 g protein;
- 400 g carbohydrate;
- 70 g of fat (of vegetable origin).
In addition, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to your diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful trace elements and vitamins that are necessary for the health of the male body.
Generally, those skilled in the art will prescribe compositions containing plant ingredients or extracts from the prostate gland of a bull to prevent prostatitis. It is an effective stimulator of the human prostate gland, increases secretion production and eliminates stagnant processes.
Usually, urologists prescribe medications in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps eliminate inflammation in the prostate.
It is also important to treat and prevent the prostate by consuming the right amount of vitamins that will improve your health and reduce your risk of cancer in the long run. Men are recommended to drink vitamin-rich complexes:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - helps reduce the risk of neoplasms in the prostate.
An alternative method is to use dietary supplements that can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements in men's health. It is involved in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality and has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
You can effectively use not only modern medicines, but also traditional medicine methods to prevent and treat prostatitis:
- Oat decoction. Made from 2 tablespoons. l. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. Simmer the drink for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. The decoction is then left to stand for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. It can be consumed in pure form, at least 100 g per day, or made into a medicated mixture. To do this, we pass a glass of walnuts with a whole lemon through a meat grinder and add it to 1 tablespoon of the mass. l. Honey. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour and then 1 tablespoon 3 times a day. l. In addition, nuts passing through meat mincers can be diluted with 1 tablespoon. l. sunflower oil. It is recommended to take the drug in this form on an empty stomach in the morning, while washing it with warm cow's milk enhances the effect.
- Ivan tea is an excellent cure for prostatitis. 2 tsp is enough for cooking. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk warm at least three times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate. They can be consumed clean and dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds in equal proportions with honey. You should eat at least 1 tablespoon. l. seeds.
- The decoction of birch leaves has an anti-inflammatory effect and prevents the formation of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. For cooking: 1 tbsp. l. The raw materials are poured into 1 glass of boiling water and infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Honey sbiten is a good cure for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It improves pelvic circulation, improves potency and relieves inflammatory processes in the prostate. Take 1 tbsp. l. before going to bed on an empty stomach, spread in a glass of warm water.
Traditional medicine methods are effective, but they can cause an allergic reaction and aggravate chronic diseases. It is advisable to consult a doctor before using them.
Preventive measures must be taken to preserve men's health. Timely treatment will help you avoid the consequences of the disease.